All our training courses can be tailored to suit your individual needs. Take a look at all the features that separate us from other Telephone Techniques training courses.
To confidently and effectively communicate using the telephone, to become a well organized competent professional using the telephone.
Duration: 1 day
- To understand the difference between face to face and voice communication
- Understand the need for clear and concise understanding between all parties
- Understand what constitutes excellent Customer Care
- Agree on the importance of professional telephone techniques
- Provide effective questioning and listening techniques
- Recognize why it is important to own the call
- Deal with difficult/angry callers
- Develop a personal action plan
Group discussion is an integral part of this course with role-plays used to learn how to put your newly learned skills into practice.
Effective Communication Skills
- Why Communicate?
- Types of Communication
- Problems of Communication
Voice & Tone Control
- Body & Verbal Body Language
- Your Voice
- Using the Right Tone
- Tone on the Phone
Questioning & Listening Techniques
- Asking Questions
- Types of Questions
- Using the Right Words
- 6 Rules for Listening
- Why Do we need to Listen?
- Why Don't we Listen Well?
- Developing / Improving your Listening Skills
- Listening Techniques
- The Telephone
- First Impressions
- Answering the Incoming Call
- Answering the Phone-Direct from the Switchboard
- Answering the Phone-Dial Pick-Up
- Taking Notes / Information
- Message Taking
- The Equipment Required
- Planning the Outgoing Call
- Pre-Planning the Call
- Potential Pitfalls of Using the Telephone
- Telephone Guidelines
- Common Frustrations when using the Telephone
- Using Voice Mail / Mobile Phones
- Putting Callers on Hold
- Whilst a Caller is on Hold
- Transferring the Call
- Taking a Transferred Call
- When a Caller is Transferred to the wrong Department
- Call Waiting
- Distractions / Attitude Problem
Terminating Prolonged Conversations
- What to Do?
- Building Relationships with Customers
- How to Develop Expressiveness / Assertiveness
- Results of Behaviour Types
- Why do Customer / Callers Get Angry?
- Handling the Angry / Complaining Callers/Customer
- Do's and Don'ts
- Handle it in this Way Attitude
- Follow Through
Effective Telephone Techniques
What are telephone techniques?